A shower is one of the crucial factors for our wellbeing and not merely for self-cleaning purposes and a daily necessity but it also has many health benefits associated with it. Research have shown that the area in your home that contains the most negative ions is the plain old fashioned bathroom. Many research has been done on the effect of negative ions on the body when taking a shower as a shower dispels positive ions which in turn boosts immune system and reduces stress. Showers are enjoyed in a variety of ways from the showerheads, rainshowers, taps to the bathtubs and jacuzzi in the toilets and here are some health benefits associated with it.
Benefits of taking a Hot Shower:
- Reduces Muscle Soreness and Fatigue: Hot showers and relieve tension and sooth stiff muscles. It helps if you have powerful water pressure during your shower as the enjoyment, let the hot water work like a mini massage on your shoulders, neck and back.
- Helps Relieve Cold and Flu Symptoms: A hot shower acts like a natural decongestant to relieve cold and flu symptoms since the hot steam moisturises nasal passage and also. Taking a 10-15 minute hot-soak break can help your body feel better while your body is trying to get better.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Dipping the body in hot water up to the neck is kind of like an exercise for the blood vessels. This is because water creates physical pressure on the body so it increases the capacity of the heart and increases metabollic rate.
- Improves Sleep: Hot water relaxes the body and better prepares us for falling asleep. When a tensed body enters a warm bath, the hot water increases the body temperature and relaxes the muscles.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: A hot shower may jus be what you need to lower your blood sugar, relax your blood vessels, as well as increasing metabollic rate in your body.
Benefits of Showering in Cold Water:
- Helps your Skin and Hair: Cold water helps shrink our body pores enabling our complexion to benefit in the process. Cold water avoids drying out the skin and hair resulting in a better scalp as well as protecting hair texture.
- Helps freshen you up: A splash of cold water may activate your body into shock mode to wake your body up. It makes your body kick-start the body and improves mental alertness.
- Boost your Mood: Taking some cold showers can boost your mood as research has shown that cold showers not below 20 degrees can help alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Improve circulation: Cold water improves circulation around the body prompting blood rush to your organs and pump more efficiently.
- Reduce muscle soreness: Showering with cold water post workout helps the body recover quicker and prevents your body feeling stiff the next day.